Friday 15 July 2016

Stamplorations~Fun with Masking

http://stamplorations.auctivacommerce.com/


Happy Friday crafty friends, I’m super excited to be sharing my first tutorial post with y’all for STAMPlorations!


 
I got a new mini journal binder, so I cut down some Mixed Media paper to 6.5x5 inches. Here’s my first page.


I started by applying blocks of color to my page using Dylusions paints with a blending tool.



Then using the Some Birds stencil, I applied red paint using only the small birds portion.


Then using the 2 bird masks from the Some Birds stencil set, I went around the masks with black gesso to get full coverage. I rinsed off the masks and then flipped them over and did the same technique. Isn’t that cool? I love how the birds now “POP” against the black.


I outlined the birds in black and then in white Pitt markers and then  stamped the coordinating bird stamps from Trendy Birds 2 . I used archival black ink on the top right and white pigment ink on the bottom right bird. I then added some texture and color to the black with some chalk inks and birds from Trendy Birds 2 and Art Marks stamp set.
 
All that's left to do is hole punch and insert into my new binder. :o)

I have never done this technique before but love the vibrancy of the colors against the black, so think it’s something I would try again.







products used:
http://stamplorations.auctivacommerce.com/Some-Birds-ARTplorations-Stencil-P5301934.aspx

http://stamplorations.auctivacommerce.com/Trendy-Birds-2-Shery-Russ-Designs-P5617747.aspx

http://stamplorations.auctivacommerce.com/Art-Marks-Shery-Russ-Designs-P5529936.aspx

Other products: DylusionsPaint (Calypso Teal, Squeezed Orange, Bubblegum Pink, Crushed Grape & Postbox Red), Dina Wakley Black Gesso, Jet Black Archival Ink, Colorbox Frost White Pigment Ink, Chalk Inks (yellow, blue, green & pink), White and Black Pitt Pens

 I sure hope I’ve inspired you to get crafty today and hope you’ll join me again next time.




1 comment:

Chark said...

so cute! love the process!