Monday 21 September 2015

MWLW New Release~ Steampunk Mini Canvas

Good Morning Crafty Friends!

I'm here to share a card I made for 
http://mywhimsicallittleworld.blogspot.ca/


Today, we have a picture perfect new release with Young Lady Penelope


How awesome is this steampunk image?

I made a lil' mini canvas and tried a different technique of coloring different shades of browns on tissue paper. 
I started by priming my canvas with Gesso and then coloring with Black acrylic paint. Used Tim Holtz Harlequin Stencill for some texture; by applying a thin coat of Gel Medium, I was able to keep it white against my sprays. :o) I then sprayed some Lindy's Stamp Gang and Heidi Swapp sprays. Using a bit of gesso again, I achieved the background color I wanted.  

I printed the image onto tissue paper and colored with different shades of Browns in SN Markers and applied it with Gel Medium to my canvas.
I think if I did this again, I'd use a heavier paper for contrast. But still liked the aged look it lent to my canvas.

I used steampunk images from the internet and added some Metal Corners. I finished with Gear die cuts from Memory box which I embossed with Copper, gold and Champagne EP's. 
 The key is from my stash, which I sprayed with Tim Holtz Copper Spray. 

Hope you like my take on a mini steampunk canvas. 

Don't forget, to  join us on Friday,  Sept 25th for  Coffee Loving Cardmakers Blog Hop.  We are super excited to show you all the fabulous projects we have made for this awesome hop filled with some AMAZING prizes!

Also, Paola has  something new at MWLW...Whimsy Notes! They are these  Cute little digi stamps that are great for your pocket pages and can also be used as ATC cards.

Happy Craftin'!
~hugs~
Amy