Sunday 6 October 2013

Let's Party!

Happy Sunday everyone!
Time for another challenge over at Craft Your Passion Challenges.
The theme this week is "Heavy Metal". Incorporate metal into your card.

Our sponsor this week is:
Kenny K Downloads
Prize: 3 Digi Stamps of Choice from the Kenny K Shop.

I had the pleasure of working with "Let's Party" digi.

What a fun image to color!

Here's my card:



I colored the image with SN markers. Used glitter black CS from American Crafts and Foil Paper also from American Crafts. The sentiment is from Inkadinkado and was embossed in blue glitter EP from Recollections.

Here's a closer look at the image which was die cut with Curved Rectangles from Spellbinder.:

I pop dotted his bowtie and the disco ball, which I used Silver Smooch on.

I used blue metal brads and the metal sentiment from my stash.

I look forward to seeing how you incorporate metal into your creations. Be sure to check out my teamie's blogs for more inspiration.

I'd like to enter the following challenges:
One Stitch at a Time Challenge #184- Use a Digi 

Kenny K's Krafty Krew Challenge #157- Anything Goes 

Twisted Tuesday- Lots of Layers- Twist- Use Metal  (lots of layers and metal Used)
Happy Craftin'!

~hugs~
Amy

18 comments:

Karon said...

Fabulous step card and I love the groovy image :-) TFS

katslittlepassion said...

i totally love that card! the image is so funny!!

Hazel said...

A brilliant image and you've made him into a really fun card. Very groovy, baby. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT. Hazel x

Lisa Winnard - TheCraftarageStudio said...

This is so cool! What a fab image. Everyone has one of these dads/uncles in the family!
Thanks for joining us @ OSAAT.
Lisa DT

~ginny said...

Good for you Amy - steppin' out with a step card! We need to do new shapes more often! I like his popped out tie and disco ball too - well done toots!
~ginny

Ingrid Mason said...

I think you must have let your hair down and 'Danced to your Own Music' when you created this wonderful card Amy. I feel as though I'm enjoying the party too. I love the metal work and that disco ball positively shines out.Your ideas all work so well together. Good luck in our challenge this week. Ingrid xx (OSAAT Team)

Kaylee Snyder said...

Amy, this is so great. I love your step card. He is in the middle of a party-I love the bling that's surrounding him.

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

This guy makes me feel like dancin'. Great step card. Thanks for joining us this fortnight for our "Anything Goes" challenge at Kenny K's Krafty Krew challenge. Good luck and please join us again for our next challenge!

Jennie - The Crafty Wife said...

I thought for a moment it was 'Dad-Dancing' but what a great image for a guy of any age. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week. Jennie x

Tracey said...

Amy, wow!!! Great idea popping the ball and his tie. Love the metal and that digi is fantastic. Thanks for playing along with us this week at OSAAT, hope to see you back again soon.
Hugs, Tracey (DT)

Vickie Y said...

Super cute image and card! Love the card design and bling you used! Thank you for playing along with us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

crafty-stamper said...

love your centre step card and great fun image and the foil paper and bling go perfectly with the image -thank you for joining us at OSAAT
Carol DT x

crafty-stamper said...

Hi back again just to say- thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday
Carol DT x

Lizzie R said...

This card totally makes me smile! That image is so funny and awesome! Great card! Thanks for joining us over at Twisted Tuesday Challenges!

Lisa Winnard - TheCraftarageStudio said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tammy (LaDiva) said...

Hi Amy! Love your card! I want to try this style of card soon. You did a great job! Thanks so much for playing with us at Kenny K’s Krafty Krews *Anything Goes* challenge ! Good luck in the draws, top 3 and spotlight!

Tammy, KennyK Designer & Facebook Admin from Créations LaDiva :) xx

Lynne said...

OMG, that is sooooo fun!!! Gorgeous card!! Thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday!!

Danielle C said...

What a fun card and image! The sentiment is perfect. Thanks for joining the Krafty Krew!
Danielle:)