Wednesday 12 June 2013

Teacup Wedding!

I recently had an order for a wedding card. But not just any ordinary wedding card, one that included teacups, skydiving, blue bells (not the flower) and ponies.  Quite the challenge! It took me a about a week to come up with a design that would work. I couldn't incorporate the skydiving or ponies, but the client loved how the card turned out- and that's the important thing, am I right? I had a lot of fun creating this card so I hope you like it too!



I came up with the idea of creating a "Wedding Cake" out of teacups. Stamp from Floppy Latte Designs. I re-sized the different "tiers" and then colored with Spectrum Noir Markers. I then used different colors of Liquid Pearls to decorate the wedding cake as icing would look on a real cake.

 
I used images from  Craftsuprint for the wedding cake "Topper" and blue bell. I made a flower from Cricut Projects- Flower Shoppe. and used a Lace strip  and Pearls for some added dimension. 

Finished it off with a poem inside cut out with Spellbinders Fleur de Lis Squares die.

Happy Stampin'!

Amy
 





No comments: